Adventures with Mathematical Logic
- Sentences in logic
- Inductive reasoning
- Seventeen logic fallacies
- Predicate logic
- Proofs in predicate logic
- Direct and indirect proofs
- Set theory as a predicate logic structure
- Axiom systems: consistent, complete, meaningful, independent, and recursive
- Arithmetic model
- Gödel numbering of symbols, sentences, and proofs
- Proof of the Diagonal Lemma
- Gödel's Completeness theorem
- Gödel's two Incompleteness theorems and their proofs
- Many puzzles (exercises) and their complete solutions.
Unlike most other math logic programs, this one also has:
• Stinky Logic
• This book doesn't have bothersome "problems" or strenuous "exercises." It has delightful "puzzles," instead.
• It has serious mathematical Logic, from the basics to advanced topics.
• Fred has adventures.
• Duck comes back.
• Fred is pressured to buy life insurance for his wife (Fred isn't married).
• Fred "beeps" the nose of 128 lions.
Suitable as a high school text (first six chapters) or as a college text (all 16 chapters).